Welcome to Canadian Pugwash Group
Education on global security, in a broad sense, is the mandate of Canadian Pugwash, carried out by sponsoring meetings, workshops and roundtables to foster informed discussion of experts, for the purpose of providing information which can be useful in the formation of government policy.
CTV News interviews with Dr. Walter Dorn
Walter Dorn of the Canadian Forces College says the Nobel winner was a 'good decision,' as it shines a spotlight on a significant issue.
Friday, Oct. 11, 2013
Canadian Forces College's Walter Dorn explains why the talks are expected to be more 'optimistic' than past negotiations.
Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2013
Walter Dorn with Canadian Forces College discusses what exactly a military mission would mean in Syria.
Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013
Where and what could be targeted if the U.S. takes military action in Syria? Military professor Walter Dorn discusses the possibilities.
Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013
Defence studies professor Walter Dorn explains when it is likely the U.S. will take action and what can we expect to see.
Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013
Walter Dorn of the Canadian Forces College says what is known about the UN probe beginning Monday, and explains when results are expected.
Monday, Aug. 26, 2013
Is it likely the U.S. will bow to pressure from Israel and get involved in Syria? Walter Dorn, from Canadian Forces College, weighs in.
Sunday, Aug. 25, 2013
Professor Walter Dorn explains what drove Russia to backtrack and call for an independent investigation into the alleged chemical attack.
Friday, Aug. 23, 2013
Professor Walter Dorn on what kind of chemicals are being used as weapons in Syria and which side is likely launching the attacks.
Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013
Canadian Forces College professor Walter Dorn looks at the spillover of the Syrian conflict across the Lebanese border.
Saturday, Jun. 8, 2013
2013 Nobel Peace Prize to the OPCW: CTV interview with Canadian Pugwash Chair, Dr. Walter Dorn
See a series of CTV News interviews Dr. Walter Dorn
Listen to two interviews with CBC Radio
Gordon McBean is a Professor at Western University, London, Ontario, Departments of Geography and Political Science. He is the Director of the Institute of Catastrophic Loss Reduction.
Gordon McBean on CBC - The Current
Gordon McBean interview by CBC's Anna Maria Tremonti at an opening meeting of the Canadian Journalists for Free Expression on 6 June, 2013.
Canadian Science in Crisis: Research Responsibility and the Right to Speak. [See video]
- CBC Interview with Dr. Walter Dorn on Canadian Peacekeeping. Listen:
- CTV News Channel with Dr. Dorn on the fall of Tripoli and end of Gaddafi regime in Libya
- Dr. Dorn was interviewed by the The Independent (London) about the subject of his book, technology in UN operations.
- Dr. Dorn was also interviewed by the Telegraph-Journal (Saint John, NB) on the training mission in Afghanistan, by Inter Press Service about the future Canadian defence commitments and by Embassy Magazine on Canada’s Libya operation.
- Dr. dorn appeared on CBC NewsNet (News Now) and CBC Radio (The World This Weekend) to talk about Canada’s National Peacekeepers’Day (August 9).
- Interview with Metta Spencer and a Russian journalist about Gorbachev. http://bit.ly/ok0PRL
- Dr. Dorn was interviewed by Embassy newsweekly on Libyan arms embargo and funding of the rebels and by the Hill Times newsweekly about Canadian defence policy after the end of the Afghanistan combat mission.
- Dr. Dorn was interviewed on CTV News Channel about the prospect of a No-Fly Zone in Libya on March 10, March 14 and March 19.
- Dr. Dorn was also interviewed in Embassy newsweekly on academic freedom in DND-funded projects, and on Canadian leadership in NATO’s operation in Libya.